A Collection of Moments
So, what the heck is a Nectar List? Well, it’s a list of all the great moments that have impacted you. You can think of it as the opposite of a bucket list. It’s a reflection on the good, the bad, and the memorable moments of your life. A good friend of mine told me about this a few years ago and I love it. Having a bad day? Take a look at your nectar list and my guess is you’ll be smiling (or maybe ugly crying) before you know it.
Great, but why is my Nectar List posted on my blog? Good question. Every story about the people and places that I’ve experienced is captured on my list and so I figured I’d use it to guide my posts. This is not the complete list, and I’ll be adding to it often so check back here occasionally. If you see an item you’re interested in and want to know more about it, send me a note and let me know!
NOTE: Most recent blog posts in bold. Click the link to go to the post.
Here’s my Nectar List…
- Hiked up and ate lunch inside an extinct volcano
- Ate lunch with a school of orphaned monks
- Was the first foreigner some villagers had ever seen
- Taught kids in a remote village how to play four square
- Built a bamboo hut
- Learned how to construct a concrete building with just a straight edge and a rock on a stick
- Shared tea with complete strangers
- Heard a young woman talk about her first time voting in Myanmar
- Saw the Big Five
- Was attacked by a kangaroo in the wild
- Hiked to Kalalau Beach on Kauai’s Napali Coast
- Driven a Mercedes station wagon on the Autobahn
- Been to the FA Cup Final at Wembley Stadium (to cheer on Everton FC)
- Performed in a Japanese drum ceremony
- Witnessed a Shinbyu Celebration in Bagan Myanmar.
- Gotten drunk with English golfers at a pub in the middle of nowhere in Scotland
- Toured Boston in a police car with an Italian lawyer and a firefighter
- Experienced a day at the horse races in England
- Rode in a hot air balloon over more than 2000 temples!
- Skipped through the streets of Liverpool singing with friends
- Been Irish dancing with the locals in Dublin
- Had my photo taken with monks at sunset in Bagan.
- Moved across the world to a place where I knew no one….twice
- Went on my first vacation solo to Nicaragua
- Hiked the magical Inca Trail… and didn’t get altitude sickness! (Note: 2 posts!)
- Swam with bull sharks in Fiji